When you have access to an all-in-one solution, it minimizes the time and resources needed to get the job done. That’s what dealer management software can do for you. It brings together all functions of inventory management into one simple platform. Why wouldn’t you employ it if it makes your job–and that of your teams–easier?
What Is Dealer Management Software?
Back to the basics: dealer management software is one easy-to-use system with a full suite of products and plugins. It helps integrate and manage sales, parts, service, finance, insurance, and warehouse inventory, creating a more efficient use of resources from staffing to features and services.
How It Benefits Your Dealership Teams
As a saavy DMS user, you likely think you know all the many ways DMS can help, but some may not be readily apparent. Here are nine points to share with your employees and other stakeholders:
- It can identify trends and forecast market needs for parts across organizations or dealer and franchise teams.
- Because it’s cloud-based, it can be accessed and utilized anywhere.
- It also offers savings opportunities because it can lower costs by creating new efficiencies.
- It can identify where available stock or parts are located.
- It helps prevent over-purchasing.
- It helps with local sourcing and needs.
- One of the most efficient uses is offering a full suite of systems that integrates across franchises or dealers.
- Team members can share data and insights.
- And all of this contributes to higher customer satisfaction rates, creating loyal brand advocates.
Why Your Dealership Needs a Powerful DMS
Now that you know the many other ways dealer management software can help, let’s look at why you need it:
- OEMs/Dealers can use the system to forecast needs across systems, offering the opportunity to save money. Since accurate inventory helps to identify needs when discounts are available for stock or parts, dealers can also get refunds on those parts that go unused.
- DMS also centralizes information. It keeps customer data and interactions in one place and helps with local flexibility, locating parts or services across franchises or dealerships.
- It also improves productivity by saving time and sharing accurate data across teams.
- Finally, it gives you access to seamless reporting by offering up-to-the-minute data and insights, which helps with sales growth.
How to Get Started
Dealer management software is the all-in-one solution for your team’s needs, so now is the time to transform. Solera offers enterprise-level solutions, including our innovative DMS and IDMS.