Sr. Manager, Business Analytics
The Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence will act as a leader within DealerSocket to elevate and assist us to expand our grow efforts by coordinating all activities surrounding our data analytics; operational and commercial insights. This leader will ensure that we have the business intelligence warehouse infrastructure/security, technical platforms/audits, and strategic data roadmap in place to drive success. This role will act as a consultant to our executives and leaders in sales, operations and finance to help them drive insights and grow market share through the use of data. Leading a shared services team with staff consolidated around an Analytics Center of Excellence (product analytics, marketing analytics, customer analytics/insights, data integrations/interfaces across multiple platforms including marketing technology) the Director will prioritize our data/customer/operational insight work to align resources to our strategic goals and deliver value to our stakeholders so that we can closely engage with them and continuously measure and optimize our strategy through the use of data. You will have the opportunity to lead the transformation and establishment of a world class BI & Analytics shared services team.
• Lead the transformational efforts related to the Business Intelligence and Analytics Department
• Define the data and analytics strategy and project priorities in partnership with cross-functional leadership in sales, operations & finance
• Create infrastructure to proactively drive insights from the data to inform product development and sales growth through market segmentation
• Translating business requirements to support analytics projects
• Build and manage a team that perform analysis and it is intellectually curious
• Build rapport and manage relationships with other business stakeholders throughout the company.
• Weigh the priorities of our leaders to inform the Data & Analytics roadmap.
• Promote visibility into the work of the data team to demonstrate the value of data-driven decision-making throughout the organization.
• Collaborate with product teams and business units to identify and prioritize value creation opportunities to grow market share and revenue.
• Oversee creation of Annual Budget to support Data Analytics and Business Intelligence warehouse program and lead vendor negotiations to optimize spend.
• Define future needs to support our data & analytics technology stack
• Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of related experience in a Management role
• MBA or MSA Preferred with coursework in data science
• 5 or more years of experience applying advanced analytics using structured & unstructured data.
• Solid conceptual understanding of methods around both descriptive and predictive analytics and data science with an understanding of common roadblocks and technical challenges.
• Technical knowledge of the infrastructure and tools needed to develop a high-volume data-mart with multiple integrations.
• Proficiency in math, statistics, economics, business, engineering (or sociology/psychology/anthropology with strong quantitative background
• Experience identifying, prioritizing, and getting buy-in for data opportunities within a large, rapidly growing organization.
• Strong organizational skills and proven business acumen in running a high-volume data analytics team.
• Presentation experience to both small and large groups
• Ability to train and mentor staff in the use of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems & Analytics tools
• Ability to participate actively in the annual planning process, including developing and executing individual work plans, evaluating and providing feedback on plans
• Experience in developing ETL processes for Data Warehouses/Data Marts
• Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate issues
• Attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work extended hours when needed
• Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools such as Excel, Salesforce, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Other Skills and Experience
• Experience with Python, R Studio, Salesforce reporting & analytics
• Experience with project management principles, methodologies and disciplines.
• Ability to effectively work as Leader of a cross functional team.
• Ability to verbally relay concepts, goals, project plans to all parties involved in the execution of said plans.
• Ability to write reports and correspondence to an Executive Audience.
• Detail oriented with the ability to spot errors in written design templates.
• Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible and responsive to change.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Collaborative & Open Office Environment
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,200 employees strong, serving nearly 9,000 dealerships. We hire the best and brightest employees with offices in Dallas Texas (HQ), Southern California, Utah, Wisconsin, Albany NY, Kaliningrad RU, and Bangalore, India.
Visit dealersocket.com/careers to learn more about how you can join our winning team!